Friday, May 27, 2011

God's Gift

 One day when God felt generous, He looked down at me and smiled, "Since I feel so magnanimous, I'd like to give you something, child." He asked me what I wanted, I said, "Oh, really nothing more, You've done so much already." He said, "That's what God is for." "You have been pretty good," He said, I know there's not much that you seek, I will pick a little something, Just to make your life complete." With great anticipation, I looked forward to my gift, I wondered what God had in mind, That would give me such a lift. "This gift," God said, "You realize, Bears some responsibility, So, if you accept my present, You must be willing to agree... "To offer unconditionally, A section or a part, Of more than half of you, The larger portion of your heart." "Okay, God," I answered, "Since in You, I always trust, I'll meet your obligation, In the manner that I must." To myself, I thought, wow, what a gift, For so much of me, God's asked, Now what could be so valuable, That my share was more than half? With both hands I sought my gift, I still did not have a clue, Then God put your hand in mine, And said His gift to me was YOU! 

by Virginia A. Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment