Monday, August 1, 2011

Where is God ?

I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps. The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.
Psalm 121, NLT


There are times when I feel that I pray and it’s just like I am talking to myself – no visible changes, the situation seemingly remains the same, no physical feelings of God’s closeness. Just like talking to yourself – no point.

I still keep on praying even during those times, even when it does seem pointless. After all, I know that He hears me. That’s a fact and I am not disputing it.
Yet still sometimes knowing… just isn’t enough. 

That’s when God sends little signs. Perhaps some may read this post and think “Well, that wasn’t a sign from God, it was just a cartoon.” Well, I believe that our God is a God with a wonderful sense of humor and yes, He sometimes speaks through cartoons.

I came across this one today, accidentally. I asked my pastor for some music and he put it on a flash drive. I came home and saw that there’s also a folder called cartoons. The forever curious I opened it and inside was this. Well, this is one part of the cartoon.
In the first scene, the man is praying, “Lord, protect me…”



Why?
Whenever we do not understand something that “why?” becomes our favorite word.
Take a look at the guy. He prayed for protection, so he knows that God is the God who protects. He just rose from the prayer, and BAM! Here comes a stone right at his head.
Ouch. 

“Why? Lord, I just prayed for protection. Is that how you protect me? Is that all you can do?”
The mistake here would be to stop at that and say “Ah, He is not so almighty after all. Or maybe He does not love me as much as He said He does.”

How little we see from our perspective. (Just in case you can’t see the writing, it says “Are you alright? I might have missed a small piece…”)


Keep on keeping on, for “the Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.”




Source :
http://nazareneblogs.org/zenichka/2010/01/11/where-is-god/

No comments:

Post a Comment